Adopted Rules & Regulations Change | August 2014
On August 27, 2014 a Public Hearing was held and changes adopted on the Brookfield Water Pollution Control Authority Sewer Use Rules and Regulations:
1) Changes to Rules and Regulations on: (Download PDF document on rule changes)
- Regulations related to multi-family dwellings;
- WPCA discrection on providing sewer service. This change could affect large projects that have the potential of producing high capacity sewer flow. Brookfield has a limit as to the quantity of flow permitted to be sent to Danbury for processing. Sewer capacity is a limited resource.
2) A major update to the Brookfield WPCA Water Pollution Control Plan. This is something required by State Statue. There are a number of revisions, mostly to take into account changes in the system over the last two years. (Download PDF updated Water Pollution Control Plan)
All these changes were adopted and incorporated into the Brookfield Rules and Regulations.
June 2013 Changes:
On June 26, 2013, a Public Hearing was held to consider changes in the Brookfield Water Pollution Control Authority Sewer Use Rules and Regulations to modify the Regulations to:
1) Bill usages charges to be billed sem-annually instead of quarterly. This is to make the operation more efficient to keep costs and rates down. There is no change in usage rate. Rates remain at $380 per year per unit for Fiscal Year 2013-2014.
Bills will be sent out in December and June of each year. The following notice was inserted in the September 1, 2013 bill:
After public notice and a public hearing, the WPCA voted to implement semi-annual use billing, beginning with the December 2013 billing cycle. This is a measure to contain costs. Use bills will be sent on or around June 1 and December 1 each year (rather than four times per year). The unit rates will remain unchanged. For example, if you now receive four (4) bills per year at $95.00 each, starting 12/1/13 two (2) bills per year will be sent, each at $190.00.
Assessment billings will remain unchanged at once per year. Please call us at 203.775.7319 if you have any questions. Visit us online at www.brookfieldwpca.com. Thank you.
2) Modify the inspection rate from $50 to $75 per hour. This is to come closer to covering the full cost of inspection time. Inspections are typically done in instances of construction.
View or download the entire body of Brookfield WPCA Rules and Regulations: